Re: RF safety

> I would also like to mention that the individuals that charge them selves
> up directly to the output potential (obviously, not recommended for the
> average coiler!), like Dean Ortner and Robert Krampf, have not had any
> problems from perhaps 20 years of doing shows.  Their exposure is actually
> "being the source"!  Robert has mentioned headaches but it is hard to say
> if that is from the noise, O3 and Nx gasses, or the current going through
> his head.  The fact that their exposure is far far greater than any casual
> observer and they don't have problems, pretty much relives any concerns
"I"
> have.  They have sort of done the high-exposure "white mice" test for
us...

The last sentence is very misleading. Ortner and Krampf use professionally
manufactured low power coils. And, in some cases, use "tricks of the trade"
to bypass current that would otherwise flow "over" the stunt person. To
quote Bill Wysock: "Skin effect goes right out the door when there is a
power arc involved". An errant, unplanned, "gee I didn't think it'd do that"
power arc can kill even a pro. And that's with the best of coils and
intentions.
Add a hobby quality coil to the effort and you have too many variables to
safely control.

RF travels over the body. When done correctly, by professionals, with
professional equipment in a controlled environment, the stunt can be safe.
However, in my professional opinion, it is way too dangerous for anyone
to try even at modest power levels.

The "Lightning form the Fingertips" stunt has already proven that it can
kill.

Jeff Parisse
www.teslacoil-dot-com