4-1000A Screen Biasing...

All:

I have two 4-1000A tetrodes which I am using for a
VTC. Does anyone have experience biasing the screen
relative to the plate? The 2000 ARRL handbook lists
typical screen current to be 146 mA for class CT
operation and 145 mA for class CP operation(not much
difference) with a screen voltage of 500V and plate at
3KV. Does this imply that that the screen bias
resistor will have to drop 2.5KV WRT GND and limit the
current to 145mA? This would require a 362.5 Watt
minimum resistor! This obviously doesn't make
practical sense so something is wrong. What is the
appropriate means to bias the screen?

Thanks,

Dan