still not working

i am kinda new at the tesla coil game.  i have built a 6.5 inch diam coil
that i was planning on powering with 2 mot's  (5000v togther)that i had lying
around.  the coil specs are 6.5"diam  24 inch tall (secondary)   7 turns of
copper tubing for the primary 2 " apart.  i have constructed a .12mfd 19.5kv
mmc made from 24 smaller .015mfd 6.5kv caps  (8 strings, 3 caps per string).
when i hook it all up the spark gap fires fiercly and the mot's hum loudly
but the coil never fires.  i know the capacitors are working because i
charged and discharged them a few times.  i have the bottom side of my
secondary grounded to a metal bar that is pounded into the ground.  my coil
has no torrid because i haven't had time to make one yet.  is there anything
that you experienced guys can see that i am doing wrong??   any help would be
greatly appreciated    thanks a bunch   -danny