[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary static shocks (Was: NSTs...DEADLY)

<snip>

> > I'm not trying to play down your shocks, Chris,
> but I just have to
> > believe (based on my own painful experience), that
> you were getting some
> > sort of low current static shocks....
> >
> > Comments?

Hello Chris,
These eletrostatic shocks are not low current ones at
all!
For instance,Human body charged up to 20 KV potential
can produce peak currents of amplitude>40 A  while
discharging to a metal grounded object.
Another thing is energy associated with  such short
lasting pulse.Energy is rather small-therefore just
unpleasance without serious consequences to health.
I think I can dig out schematic from somewhere for
such case which explains current waveform of the
phenomenon.

Regards,
Boris