[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: copper static SG problems

Your power level is fairly modest and shouldn't be a problem for the gap you
described.  Do you have any forced air flow over your gaps?  In addition to
keeping it at a reasonable temperature, performance will benefit with forced
air as quenching is improved.

Or, could there be some contamination (flux?) on your pipes that's
carbonizing as it heats up?  Just how close are they spaced?

As far as larger coils performing better, I think their lower frequencies
have lower losses.  Also, larger toploads generally give better performance.

BTW, the warning on your web site seems a bit strange coming from a coiler:
"Never use capacitors together with high voltage." ;-)

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA