[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary hard ware

>Original Poster: "ROBERT CRESSLER" <robert.cressler-at-menasha-dot-com>
>
>    matt,
>            I would avoid metal,and go with nylon or the like.
>Robert

I saw this advice more often on the list, but I never saw a good reason for
it. In my humble opinion the top cap 'doesn't see' anything under the strike
rail, so the only thing that's left is the primary voltage. The only thing
you will have to do, is to keep distance with metal screws from the HV
wiring to prohibit corona.  Anyone on the list with negative experience with
metal screws used on a TC?

Ruud de Graaf
Greetings from Holland