[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ozone (Was: Discharge impedance...

Dear All,

One thing I remembered in conjunction with all the replies I've seen on the
level of Ozone generated vs. power and temperature. When I first ran my coil,
I was putting in about 1kVA. At this level, the ozone generated was very
significant, and the smell was really pungent and recognisable. When I moved up
to 2kVA, the smell changed - it became more fetid and acrid, which might
suggest
to me that the higher temperature of the arcs (there were also many ground
strikes) was not only recombining O3 into O2 but also generating NOx. A shame,
because I actually really liked the smell of the pure ozone!

Alex