[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bipolar or half wave.

Hi Luc,

At 03:17 PM 03/18/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi to all of you!
>
>I'm not an experience coiller I just build 4 coils in my life my first
>35 years a go whit my father a small VT coil 2 small triode #? 100W
>approx. the biggest one 500W 3.25 secondary ASRG and I built  these for
>other people because I don't have place at home I live in Montreal
>(Canada) third floor apartment.

You sound pretty experinced to me! ;-)

>In my apartment I use one room for electric and electronic work, I
>manage to bring a ground from a pipe to that room because no ground in
>the electric installation (old apartment). My problem is: it 's really
>impossible to have a RF ground , but I really like to build a small
>Tesla at home for the first time in my life.

For a little coil, the pipe ground may be fine.  As long as it is a cold
water pipe and is not plastic anywhere before it goes underground, it is
probably fine.  We all like to have super good and elaborate grounds but
that is not always possible.  Perhaps you can run a wire down to ground out
a window?

>My project is to build a small,  something like 300W or less , bipolar
>or half wave coil my question now is it possible to operate that coil
>whit out an RF ground  and in a 20 feet of electronic equipment .

With a bipolar coil, you should still hook the center to something but the
RF current will be far less in a bipolar coil.  Turn all the electronic
stuff off and pull phone lines, long wires, and antennas out of it that may
pick up RF power.  I would think two foot arcs and such would be safe but
there is always a chance you my kill something.  Such is the life of
coiling...  I have never really missed my answering machine... ;-)))

>Whit the coils I built before I never have the time to play a lot whit
>design and refinement.

That's all the fun!!!

Cheers,

	Terry