[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HomeMade Poly Cap

Hi Michael,

There is a ton of info on all this at:

www.pupman-dot-com

and on the tesla web ring:

http://www.webring-dot-org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=TeslaRing&list
http://members.xoom-dot-com/_XOOM/GrandSearch/tesla.html

TCBOR has some great videos on rolled poly caps too...

However, I must ask...  Why not build an MMC instead??  In the last year,
MMCs have gone from a few funny test projects to the main stream Tesla
coiling type capacitor and they have almost completely replaced homemade
oil caps in the last year!!  If you have not heard off MMCs, then I would
stop what you are doing and look into them!!

Search the Tesla coil ring for more info (MMC):

http://members.xoom-dot-com/_XOOM/GrandSearch/tesla.html

The first hit there sums it all up...

http://people.ne.mediaone-dot-net/lau/tesla/mmc_cap.htm

Tons of info on MMCs in the archives at www.pupman-dot-com and we all know
about them too.

Perhaps you already know all about MMCs but you still want to go the rolled
poly route.  In that case, hurry, cause the masters of the rolled poly caps
are erasing them from their memory fast these days ;-)))

Cheers,

	Terry