[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tuning TCs

It won't work with the phosphors taken out of the tube.  The tube is filled
with low pressure mercury vapor.  In a sufficiently high e-field, the
mercury vapor emits UV light, and the UV causes the phosphors to glow.

I haven't tried the idea yet and it will be some time before my coil is back
together again, with fiber-probe and RSG projects ahead of this.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA