[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A funny thing happened on the way.....

In a message dated 3/21/00 4:43:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original Poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
>  Jon,
>
>  thanks for the info on your coil...when your sparks died away, did they
come

>  back on their own after a few seconds?

Chris,

No, when my caps went bad....that was it....they never revived.  I don't see
how they could revive, so yes....maybe your cap is still good, and the
problem is something else.

>  Mine was going in and out of this
>  behavior. The thing that upsets me the most about this is that this is a
new

>  cap, and has maybe 30 mins of intermittent run time on it. It hasn't been
> run
>  for months, and never for more than 1 minute...It was literally 15 mins
from

>  my handling the cap to it leaking, with no run time in between. I'm still
> not
>  convinced the cap is leaking, somehow, as there has been not one more drop
> of
>  oil on the cap or coil base.

I agree, if no oil is seen on the cap at all....it is hard to imagine that it
is
leaking.  If it was leaking, I would imagine that it would keep getting oilly.

Maybe you could try blowing air on the gaps or something....maybe the
gaps are building up some sort of oxide coating on them.  Did you say
you cleaned the gaps?  (you may have said that...I forget).  Maybe the
gaps are a little too wide?

Cheers,
John