[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: weird primary design

 Hi Fucian,

I had the same problem with creating my primary, and since this is my
first
 primary, I didn't quite know how to do it, so it
 took me a couple of times to get it like this, and it worked pretty good I
 might say.

 First I took a piece of mutliplex wood that was a little thicker than the
 tubing (1/4"   aka 6mm) and sawed out a circle of 100 mm (4")
 Then, to compensate for the wire thickness when rolling the tubing around,
 I cut a piece of the wood that will start with 6 mm
 in the wood,  slowely will become less when proceeding along the circle.
 (sorry for the long expl. but my English isn't that good)(Holland)

 This being my solid inside shape to role my tubing along, I had the same
 trouble as Alex Crow, it was getting too much trouble to
 bend the copper, therefor I heated the copper tubing (on a steel table)
 untill it was dark orange, to make it soft again, ofcourse you'd have
 to let it slowely cool down again though.
 Next I could easely bend it along my wooden shape, no matter how the
  tubing
 was bend before.

 Real easy :-))

 And if you don't have a torch, it can also be done above the furnache,
when
 carefull enough not to burn your hands.

 Then you'd have a nice spiral, and ready to put it in the supports for
 your
 primary.

 Good luck

                     greetings from Jeroen Kooiman from Holland