[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: teslameter? what is it?

>Original Poster: "Jon Lagler" <rockcrawl-at-netzero-dot-net>
>
>Hey everyone,
> I came across an item for sale on Ebay called a Teslameter. Unfortunatly
there
>is not much of a description. I was just curious as to wether it has
anything
>to do with Tesla coils. It may be a great instument for measuring an
operating
>coil? Here's the link
><http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290133852>

Hi Jon,

Tesla is the unit of magnetic flux density (shame on you) and it has
everything to do with your TC (also noted as Wb/m^2)! That's what your TC
primary is producing (if all works well ;-)). NMR stands for Nuclear
Magnetic Resonance (that's something you can do with your wife at night).
Normally something like this costs $800 (refurbished!). Look at
http://www.pendex-dot-com/testeq/otherlz/otherlz.htm
Detailed specifications can not be found, because www.semtec-dot-com has a
'defective site', but this apparatus could be too sensitive for our purpose.

Ruud de Graaf
Greetings from Holland