[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Musings on 3 phase...

Could a 3 phase AC coil be arranged in the following manner?

         L1   L2   L3
         |    |    |
         |    |    |
        TTTTTTTTTTTTT  3Phase
        TTTTTTTTTTTTT  HV Tranny
     +---+----+----+
     |   |    |    |
  HVRET HV1  HV2  HV3
     |   |    |    |               Caps
     |   +----)----)---- HV1 -------)|---+
     |   |    |    |                     |
     |   |    +----)---- HV2 -------)|---+----+
     |   |    |    |                     |    L
     |   |    |    +---- HV3 -------)|---+    L
     |   |    |    |                          L
     |   =    =    = < Spark gaps.            L   < Primary coil
     |   |    |    |                          L
     |   |    |    |                          L
     |   |    |    |                          L
     |   |    |    |                          |

Any thoughts about this? Could one get triple the number of bangs per second
out of this, or are there interactions that would make this fail?  Spark
gaps would have to be well shielded against one another I suppose. Three
separate sync gaps maybe, one on each phase? Thoroughly matched caps would
be necessary (just one tuning point...)

I'm not actually going to try this (lack of resources + experience) but I
think it would be an interesting thought experiment.
MPF
the_machin_shin-at-hotmail-dot-com