[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: grounding question

Use a counterpoise grid instead.   Chicken wire or reinforcing mesh or
something of the like, covering an area with diameter > twice the height of
the coil top load.....

For safety, ground it to the third wire (just so HV doesn't capacitively
couple from the primary side, relative to grounded observers(i.e. you).
This third wire ground doesn't have to be particularly low RF impedance,
but should be low 60 Hz impedance (i.e. a #14 green wire...)

Those of you that live (or coil) in places with concrete slabs, often the
ground is a UFER ground, which is essentially a wire cast into the
concrete, making the entire slab your ground electrode.