[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mini TC/plasma globe

..The circuit I am using
> uses the flyback/555
> circuit as a primary voltage source to drive a mini
> TC circuit (the coil has
> a 4 turn primary using #14 hookup wire wound
> directly on the secondary,the
> secondary is wound on a 3" form using #22 magnet
> wire and is about 8"
> long)The TC circuit is grossly out of tune if that
> matters.The arcing to my
> finger is not in sync with the spark gap so would
> this mean it is a definate
> capacitive discharge instead of the arc going
> through the glass?
------
Kevin,
It must be basicaly capacitive discharge.Otherwise,if
arc really puncturates the glass of your plasma globe
you may say goodbye to it.There was thread "Conducting
through glaass" on the list  month or two ago.I posted
the question how much energy can be transmitted via
arc
glass bulb -hit object that way.Nobody responded.
THe out of tune condition may also be significant in
as how do you fell the arc.
Boris