[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Driving Ground Rods (was:RE: grounding question)

I live in Tennessee and we have a lot of rock here too.  I don't
have any rock in the yard where I now live.  When I run my
coil I put the garden hose in the yard and turn on the water for
a few minutes to make a wet spot.  I stick my ground rod into
the wet spot and attach the other end of the wire to my
secondary coil.  When I run my coils  in the shop I am about
30 feet from the ground rod.  When I run my large coil in the
drive way I am about15 feet from the ground rod. It works
great for me.  My wire is #6 copper.  I have used #12 copper
and it seems to work fine too.

Gary Weaver