[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Non-tech Question

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 15.05.2000 19:36:16

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Non-tech Question

>Original Poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

>But I really want to know why...

>Ted Rosenberg

Hi Ted.

Sounds bad you are asking this... :)

Usually we coilers are so much in a hurry running and pushing the bike that we
have no time to jump on it and start riding. We never ask these things, so it's
good to stop a moment and THINK.

Why? Because:

- TC streamers are beautiful, astonishing and really make you understand the
meaning of power (I mean power of the "natural" forces)

- TC streamers are unique, as you can see something like that only during
storms, nowhere else.

- TC coiling is a challenge, and some people love challenges in a special way.
Why free climbing? Why sports in general?

- TC coiling is DANGEROUS! A dangerous challenge will make your adrenaline
rise,
and many seek for these adrenaline "trips".

- TC are still partly unexplained: there is still quite much YOU can discover
yourself in your garage. It's not already all done by somebody in some big lab.
YOU can be the one that will add the next piece to the puzzle.

- TC coiling is a cheap hobby: compare it with golf, motorbiking, diving,
you_name_it and you'll find out you don't need so much money.

- Last but not least: I like TC coiling! Do I need a special reason for liking
it!?

We are not here to make money (maybe somebody, but not to make a living
with it)
and we are not here for the glory. We are here for fun.

I hope now you have understood, Ted: coiling is one of the things you do
without
any rational explanation. If you were to apply for a stipend, then you should
think WHY you do coiling, not otherwise.

Concluding: if you like it, just do it :)

Regards