[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: toroid

Hi Terry,
               I think a slightly different interpretation is in order:

On 19 May 00, at 11:34, Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi,
>
> 	The toroid has all of the charge on it's outer surface.  There is no
> "voltage differential" inside the metal toroid so no energy can be stored
> inside it.

There is no nett electric field inside it - true. But it must be at the
same potential as the outer surface or there would need to be a
continuous input of energy to keep the charge separated.

?
Regards,
Malcolm

  People can even get inside of larger toroids with electronic