[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-tech Qu

A couple of comments:

On 19 May 00, at 18:52, Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Dan Kunkel" <kunk77-at-juno-dot-com>
>
> Benkanosan,
>
> You're right about the inverse square law (i = 1 / r * r ) aplying to
> Tesla Coils. The fact is, they due make lousy radio transmitters. But,
> fortunately that is not how Tesla envisioned them to operate. He wanted
> them to pump low frequency  current into the earth at the earth's natural
> resonance. To recieve your electrical service, you pound a ground rod in
> the ground and tune your "recieving coil" to the same freq. And viola,
> you have power. Many coilers have done this experiment and proved that it
> does work, even at RF currents.

But it is far from being efficient.

> Tesla also knew and proved that gas under low pressure (or "rarified gas"
> as he called it) was indeed very cunducting. In fact just as conducting
> as a wire (if not more efficient). That is why that neon sign
> transformers are current limited, a neon sign tube is an almost perfect
> dead short. So with this in mind, he wanted to excite the ionisphere (or
> the Schuman cavity as we know it today). The Schuman cavity has a natural
> and proven resonance.

Don't agree. Glowing gas is obviously dissipating energy. While the
gas has a negative resistance characteristic, it still suffers a
significant voltage drop so dissipates power unlike a wire whose
resistance can be made arbitrarily low.

Regards,
Malcolm