[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal toroid elevation

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 25.05.2000 19:17:59

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: Optimal toroid elevation

>Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

>I have found that big coils work better if the primary is
>raised above ground by at least the diameter (i.e. a
>one meter diameter primary should be raised above
>the ground *at least* one meter.
>
>Jeff Parisse

Hi Jeff.

My 0.5 m spacing actually is 0.85 m and the primary outer diameter is 1.1
m. Not
like your specs but at least nearer than what I wrote in my previous mail...

By the way, have you ever experienced metal bolts and nuts (e.g. for the
mounting of the primary) getting warm during runs? Is that really an issue?

Regards