[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Fast Version E-Tesla5.2

Terry,

> I find that importing the output files into MathCad or Excel
> gives you the tremendous 3D plotting power of those big programs.  "i"
> could never touch that level of plotting sophistication...

This may be true. E-Tesla5 should remain a "number generator". Any
program of this nature should remain a small (codewise), tight, concise,
well written handy tool. You've got an excellent idea and tool, no need
to "Microsoft" it until it sucks...

However, the data generated is best seen as a 2D silhouette given that the
Tesla coil in question in symmetrical along its central (Z) axis (i.e. no
oval
or square coils). Sure a 3D visualization would be fun, but the 2D
"elevation"
view of the coil and the "light" shining out of it is the most amazing
thing!

Can anyone find the original Fieldplotter? I can't. It had a sample of the
BMP output that should be held up as the holy grail of programming goals
for the modeling members of this list.

Jeff