[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E tesla mods ( was Optimal toroid elevation)

Hi Mark,

At 10:24 PM 5/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello again.
>
>Back from taking my fiance to O'Hare....  I'm quite bummed....  (she went to
>Spain for a month to study abroad)

:-((

>Anyways, I had sent this Email to Terry personally, because I didn't really
>want it on this list yet.  I guess if I *really* didn't want it posted, I'd
>have said so. :-)

Oh!  Now you tell me! ;-))  people should really e-mail me "personally" at:

terrellf-at-uswest-dot-net

instead of the twftesla account.  Anything sent directly to
twftesla-at-uswest-dot-com is just a mouse click away from being sent to the 700+
folks out there... ;-))  It also helps me keep things straight as to what
mail goes where...

>I began looking at my code again, and I can't remember where I left off (been
>about 2 months).  Once I figure that out, I should have something functional
>soon.  However, It will be little more than ETesla-5.2 only with a nice GUI.
>I'll add the spiffy 2D stress and voltage plots (that work better) that Jeff,
>myself, and I'm sure others want, and a couple other goodies sometime after
>that.  With the new, faster ET5.2 code, I don't know if my version will be
>faster, but believe me, there's room for improvement in my code!  And E-Tesla
>5.2 is written in *QBASIC*, not VB, and is not compiled (unless QB does that
>automatically?).  I'd just use the ET5 code and add an interface, but my VB
>knowledge is limited to for-next and if-then-goto.

Neat!  It is now ET5.31 (I was working on it Friday again ;-)) at:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/programs/E-TESLA5.ZIP

but the modifications are minor clean up, accuracy, and a bug fix or two
plus better QBASIC optimization.  Probably won't affect other versions
much.  The "revis.txt" file tells of the changes in any case.  I now output
a diagnostic file also that helps me figure out what is going on.

Having any nice graphical output would be a major help!  I "played" with
this a little but got nowhere due to QBASIC and my lack of coherent
programming skills.  ~:0)

I expect the present version to stay stable for "awhile" ;-))

Cheers's

	Terry