[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: topload raise distance ?

Hi Jeroen,

        Without getting really complex, about 1/4 the outer diameter of your
toroid is pretty good.  So if your toroid is 20 inches in diameter, I would
raise it about 4 inches form the top secondary winding to the lowest part of
the toroid.  It is not super critical but if it is too high you will get arcs
of the secondary top winding which could burn it up.

Cheers,

        Terry