Help with a Tesla motion picture to be made in Florida...

All,

Are there any Tesla Coilers in Florida with a medium or large coil who
might be interested in helping a budding producer make a film or HDTV
video about Tesla? On the Message Board on my web site a gentleman is
trying to locate someone to help him locate a Coiler(s) to help him. He
sounds sincere, and he also sounds serious. I am reproducing the
sequence of messages here in case we have any Florida area volunteers.
If you are interested, please contact the requestor off-list at:
cstefanakos-at-hotmail-dot-com

...And please let the rest of us know how it worked out... :^)

-- Bert --

Message sequence:
============
Posted by Constantine Stefanakos on 11/6/2000, 6:16 pm:
I am looking for someone in Florida with a large Tesla coil who isn't
afraid of a few hundred thousand volts. I think with the proper
equipment and lighting (or with the discharge, lack of lighting) it
would look absolutely incredible on high definition digital video. I
want to test it out on regular DV, to create an anamatic, then work up
to HDDV. If you truly have passion in your heart for a man the world
doesn't (but should) know, please respond.

Posted by Bert hickman on 11/7/2000, 12:02 am
Hi!

Are you planning on creating a documentary on Tesla, or a science
program? If so, I could forward your request to some Tesla Coiling folks
in the Florida region who might be able to help.

-- Bert --

Posted by Constantine Stefanakos on 11/7/2000, 7:43 pm:
Actually, Sir, I was hoping to do a full length feature motion picture
in high definition digital video on a particular aspect of Tesla's life,
that I feel is not only a quintessential part of our American history.
People not only should know about the accomplishments of this man, but
need to know of his vision of a free world. I would very much appreciate
any assistance in locating fellow teslians in an effort to get out the
truth. My father is the chairman of the electrical engineering
department at the University of South Florida, and a member of IEEE
(which at one time held Tesla in the highest regard). I personally just
graduated from a film school here in Florida, and have just scouted a
Studio up in North Carolina (Screen Gems) which I feel would be perfect
for our needs. I have a DP (Director of Photography) who has 20 years or
so experience in high speed photography and video with a corporation
called Dimecorp, which contracts out to the military (they are the ones
that capture bullets in mid-air.

There is so much to this project that I really can't go in depth on
(probably because I would confuse myself) but the initial point of
action that needs to be accomplished is to create anamatics (or sample
demo footage) of the most poignant or powerful moments of the film
(which would be the tesla coil demonstrations in front of the media and
academic elite) among other poignant moments in this wondrous man's
life. I personally love the scene where Tesla invites Mark Twain to
stand on the vibrating platform (which, as we know had a natural
laxative effect on the bowels of the most esteemed Mr. Clemens).

Can you help me, sir?

Sincerely,
Constantine