Salient Pole Modification

Hi everybody,
I just received the motor for the SRSG I'm planning for my new coil.
The motor is rated as follows: 230V, 3A, cos phi 0,87, 0,45kW, 2870/min,
50/60Hz.
A capacitor of 16uF is already mounted.
I ordered this motor (Made by Bauknecht, they build washing machines,
so I assume, this motor was intended for that use), as it seems to be
ideal
for a 3000/min SRSG (50 Hz in Germany).
My rotary disk will be G10 with aluminium ring, diameter 18cm (about 7
inches),
that's quite small, so the power of the motor should be ok, even with
calculated
losses due to the flats I will make in the armature. To run at 3000/min,
this motor
should get 2 flats.
My problem is, that I cannot identify any starting windings with thinner
wire
and also no dead stator poles, i.e. poles without any run windings
around them as
described in syncmot.zip.
How can I determine how many poles the flats in the armature should
span?
The stator has 24 poles all in all.
I think I remember an append of John Freau, wo said, that for a 2 flat
motor, the
flats should span a maximum of about half the diameter of the
armature??? Can
anybody confirm or give some more exact value, please.
As to the HP: this means horse power, I assume. In Germany we call this
PS
(Pferdestaerke), a measuements for the power of cars. Now the official
measurement
ist kW. If 1 HP is equal to 1 PS, my motor would have about 0,6 HP.
I'm almost sure, that my assumption HP = PS is correct, but can anybody
confirm that?
Thanks very much for any advice,
Herbert