Re: Staco Variac

Hi Jason,

See figure F in the following from Powerstat:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/VarBack.jpg

Be careful about getting too carried away since really high current can damage
the brushes long before a variac will heat up.  But I think 2X the rated
current is pretty safe for our use.  Mine has a small AC fan blowing on it
which can really help too.

Cheers,

        Terry