Re: Temperature

In a message dated 11/10/00 7:20:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Original poster: "davep" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

 another aspect to temperature, in certain climes:

    If a ground system, to Real Ground has been found useful
    AND
    IF the local ground is subject to freezing

    Frozen Water is Goodish insulator.  This was discussed 'here'
    some years back and turns out to be a known effect in power
    system grounding.  Basically, the ground gets 'worse'. >>

Hi Dave, all,

Although I'm sure this could be a factor under extreme conditions,
I think most of us living in a temperate climate with ground rods driven
4 to 8 ft into the sod have little to worry about as far as freezing of the
moisture reducing the RF ground conduction. In just about any part of
the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, ect. the frost line is well above
these depths (with the possible exception of extremely high latitudes-
parts of Alaska, Canada, Norway, Sweden, ect.) Of course, these loca-
tions would fall in to the "extreme conditions" catagory.

Coiling in Memphis,
David Rieben