toroid size

Youve probably read about my 6" coil in the previous days posts...
The toroid i orignally made was 3.5" X 20.5"  But i could only draw inch
long arcs from it. it is powered by a 12/30 trannie. im constructing a
MMC to replace my cureent saltwater caps. Does the height of the toroid
above the secondary matter arc-length wise??? When i get my new 15/60
trannies can i go back to using my old toroid??? is it just too big for
my coil???

find out on the next episode of the mailing list....
no, really... i need help... i got 6-8" arcs from my fist-sized potatoe
of light, but i was drawing some heavy corona off the top of the
secondary...