Tube coil parts

 In case anyone is interested, ON semiconductor (www.onsemi-dot-com) is giving
away *free samples* of their 800 VRRM / 25 amp SCR, which I believe is a
2N6509.  I have already ordered my free sample, which I believe contains
fifty pieces.  Just go find the part in the "thyristors" section and order
the free sample right on the page.  These are nice things for a Staccato
tube coil, and having a few extra doesn't hurt! (especially if you like to
run without a breakout point, as I have tried)

As I mentioned before, I am looking into obtaining some nice 833's- some
are made by RCA and are "new or almost new" and come with sockets.  I have
to buy four of 'em to get any, and so if folks are interested in a good
833-A, they are being sold for $50 + shipping each.  Let me know if you
have interest...

Best Regards,

Carl

cwillis-at-guilford.edu