RE: Practical Ozone

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

Tom,
That canister in the transformer is probably a PFC capacitor. (Power Factor
Correction). It is wired to the two primaries to increase the efficiency of
the transformer. PFC phases the voltage peak and the amperage peak of the AC
sine wave so they occur at he same time. Many coilers have NST's that are
not internally power factor corrected. To decrease the amperage draw, many
use motor run caps across the mains as PFC caps.

Sparky