Re: Need Ozone

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I built two ozone generating facilities: one for a 150
million gallons per day (MGD) drinking water treatment
plant, and one for a 20 MGD sewage treatment plant. My
nose is fairly "tuned" to what ozone smells like. My
lungs are too, as I have asthma, but NOx probably has
an effect there. My coil puts out a fairly large
amount of ozone, or rather it did before my MMC burst
into flames. Actually it was just a bleed resistor.
The damage probably would have been minimal, but I
kept on running it until the resistor burned clean
through the glass fiber perf board. Worst case, I may
have lost one cap, but I need to replace all of the
resistors with better ones.

Once I finish my Greg Hunter style Multiple Beer
Bottle Cap (MBBC), I'm going to borrow an ozone
analyzer from work, and determine how much ozone my
coil puts out above background. Here in the Atlanta
area, ground level ozone concentrations occassionally
exceed the OSHA 12 hour limit, so I'll have to run the
trial on a cool evening.

I still have to drink a few more beers. I'm building a
10 x 10 MBBC, and only reached the halfway point on
bottles. Since I've had bad luck with several brown
beer bottles, I'm going with what has worked well for
Greg: MGD.

Adam

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> 	I'm sure you get an odor.  How do you know it's
> ozone and not fixated
> nitrogen (nitrogen oxides)?  The odor around my
> coils is quite different
> from that around a germicidal lamp, which most
> surely IS ozone.
>
> Ed

=====
Adam Minchey