Re: REAL CAPACITOR (where can i buy one?)

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Drew Murray by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <drewallmighty-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Hello Everybody,
> Yes, it's me ....DREW!
> I'm Back and i am aiming to get my coil working better than ever. You may
> remember some of my earlier posts from before the science fair such as:
> DArN CAPACITORS
> My PT is loud!
> and so on.

Snipperzz..

>  Anyway, i better get
> to the point. I have the school's permission to buy a capacitor with pretty
> much an unlimited budget. I have lots of cash and i want a capacitor that
> will make my tesla coil kick!
> I want a professional Polypropylene pulse discharge capacitor, so where do i
> buy one?

Snipperzz.. again

Hi Drew ...

not too many companies sell caps for Tesla use due to the harsh enviroment
they are subjected to. I would
suggest that maybe you could contact Terry and see if he would build you a
professional MMC and pay him
properly for his efforts, expertise, and parts. I'll bet that this could be
arrainged for a price that
would be comparable to or maybe even less than say a Maxwell ( new).
Besides, if you blow a Maxwell, its
toast! If you blow a few of the MMC caps, then replacing a few caps is
easier than buying a new Maxwell.

Also, an MMC is semi variable as compared to a single cap. I dont remember
who it was, but he had designed
an MMC in such a manner that all one had to do was add additional "tubes"
of caps to the holding device (
very nice design) to increase/decrease capacitance.

alot of people have been having great results with MMC's   reconsider the
MMC route...

Scot D