VARIAC

Original poster: "will dork by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vcdmasta-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

I went to the junk yard yesterday, and i found a great item for coilers. It was
a 280 volt 50 amp variac that was motor contolled. It is rated at 14 kva The
unit cost $50, but it is brand new, never been uses, and has heavy duty wire
already on it. I am on a limited budget, thus thus this variac stood out. MY
question is thought can i use this unit to control one 15 kv 60 ma neon
transformer? I want to upgrade later to a pole transformer, and i know that
this variac would be perfect, but i do not know if i could use it to control a
neon transformer. Please respond. Thanks

Will mcmanus