Re: General Questions

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

> Wade,
>      my favorite technique for attaching the secondary is this: the sec
> tube slides down over a slightly smaller diameter tube that has been glued
> to the base board. Make the smaller tube about 1 diameter high. This results
> in a system where height adjustments of the secondary are trivial.
>
> For large coils use a piece of the same tube that the secondary is wound on,
> and take a length-wise slice of material out of it and glue it back together
> as a now smaller diameter tube. I've even done this with acrylic.
>
> -Peter Lawrence

	I turn a plug of wood on the lathe, with diameter such as to fit snugly
into the secondary, and fit the secondary over it.  If the bottom of the
secondary is square all is well, and if the fit is loose a few shims of
paper will tighten it up.

Ed