Re: Can anyone explain this???

Hi Tyler,

Be sure to use safety gaps too!  I have a filter design at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

that you can check out for reference.

My first though would be that you are seeing a little resonant rise but
500pF is really small to affect a 12/400 modified NST.

There is a chance that the fewer shunts left in a saturating more esily and
the NST is loosing some if it's current limiting ability and acting like an
unshunted transformer but I would be really surprised to see that happening
with such a tiny capacitance.  Usually we see saturation only with really
large LTR caps on the output.

It is possible that the NST is just going from the 60BPS to 120BPS modes or
something as you turn up the power.

I really am not sure what is happeing without hooking test stuff up and
checking it.  I would just be sure the safety gaps are properly set and be
careful.  You may want to fuse the input of the NST.  That will help
protect it if shunt saturation is the case.

Cheers,

	Terry