Re: barium titanate doorknob caps

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> > Keep in mind though that Barium anything (salts, oxides, nitrates etc) are
> > very toxic.
> >
> > --jeff
>
>         I think you men Beryllium rather than Barium.  As anyone who has ever
> had a GI X-Ray exam, it is quite common to use Barium (something
> soluble, don't know which salt) taken internally to define the
> intestines.  Don't believe that would be done if it were toxic at all.

Hi All...

its barium sulfate for the GI exam.....   beryllium in most any form is
toxic, be it pure, as a
ionic salt compound, or as an oxide, be carefull with beryllium, even a
slight sliver of this
stuff in your skin will be a definate trip to the doctor.

Scot D