HV leaks

Original poster: "jpeakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Howdy All,

I have been running a small coil on an obit. I have had it breadborded
(spewed around like noodles) on a wooden bench. Today I moved it onto a
glass surface, and when running it in the dark, I now get small sparks when
I touch the variac, obviously from the secondary, as the sparks are
painless. I am looking into filters, and also want to know why this prroblem
started after I moved onto glass. Was the wood bench grounding off the leak
before?

Thanks all,

Jonnathan Peakall