Re: MMC vs. Maxwell caps?

In a message dated 4/25/01 1:44:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Original poster: "Bill Vanyo" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>
>  > I know everybody loves MMC's, but these Maxwell caps appear more cost
>  > effective to me - a 0.03uf cap, rated 35kvdc, goes for $85.
>  [...]
>  > So, does anyone see any drawbacks to using these Maxwell caps?  Am I
>  > wrong about it being cheaper to use one of these for 0.03uf than to
>  > build an equivalent MMC?

Bill,

I noticed a lot of concern on the list lately about the possible failure
of Maxwell caps.  Although this is possible, it is rare.  I use maxwell
pulse caps, and I find them to be excellent.  My research coils and
my TT-42 TC use maxwell caps:

     http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

John Freau