Re: here's an interesting idea.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I don't have the URL right now but I remember seeing a site that showed how
to make that effect. You make a metal stand(coat hanger or something) kind
like the stand for a swing, put wrap a few turns of bare wire on it and leave
several inches at each end. Bend the wire into a loose "S" shape with the
wrapped area in the middle. When the coil is turned on the corona/streamers
off the ends of the wire cause it to spin rapidly making a ring of
electricity.