Re: NST frequency

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <darinwil-at-execpc-dot-com>

All right the caps are ceramic disk .01MFD 2KvDC, the diodes are
rectifier diodes "1N4005" I didnt get any specs as they were part of a
bulk pack. I have reduced the Cockroft to two stages with 3Kv 40ma
input. Question is now will I get enough out to make a DC coil? I have
tested the Cockroft and I can dead short the HV leads without
triggering the built in protection. Also a note about the diodes, with
three stages I was getting enough voltage out that if I hooked the HV
to one of them it acted like the diode was not even there so Im over
the voltage limit for the diodes with 3 stages.
> Original poster: "Darin Willson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <darinwil-at-execpc-dot-com>

> I think I was trying to get too much out it. With three stages there
is no
> corona leakage. The
> case of the transformer said that if the HV leads are shorted it
will
> stopworking untill
> the ground is disconnected for 10 sec. The diodes I am not sure of
the
> value as
> they were from a bulk pack but it was labled as rectifier diodes. I
will
> have to get the value of the caps
> later but they ceramic disk rated for 3Kv. Ill lookup the
capacitance and