Re: Tesla Coil Project.

In a message dated 8/8/01 1:46:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Is my project OK?
>  What do you think about using flat primary in such coil? Is this a good
> choice?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Kamil Kompa

Kamil,

Yes, it looks good, and yes, a flat primary is very good.  I didn't
see any spec for your main capacitor or spark gap.  An LTR
value cap would be good along with a 120 bps sync rotary, or a
Gary Lau Vortex static pressure gap.  You may want to try
the triggered gap idea that is being tested lately.  I think I would
make the secondary taller though at about 25" tall, to handle
the tremendous sparks that the coil could produce if it's
optimized.  Much depends on your spark length goal for
the coil.

John Freau