neon light

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

Lately there has been a lot of discussion about the trouble with using
fluorescent bulbs for testing the synchronicity of motors. Some people have
suggested using the small neon bulbs that can be powered of 110 volts. These
bulbs aren't particularly better because the y are so dim.  I brighter neon
bulb would probably work much better. There are a lot of companies out there
that manufacture neon tubes and bulbs, and one of them is bound to
manufacture a brighter neon bulb that doesn't need to be run off of an NST.
If someone out there knows of where such a bulb could be found, I'm sure
plenty of people would be eager to get one. It would probably make testing
synchronous motors much easier for beginners.
                                        Justin