RE: Secondary winding - all one length?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

You can solder the two lengths together, but you have to be sure that the
splice doesn't create a bump that might act as a breakout point.  The  two
ends need to be scraped bare and lie flat against the coil form and parallel
to each other, with a minimum amount of solder joining them.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA