Re: Electrode Tips

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 8/13/01 9:34:56 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Also, muriatic acid is about 28% sulfuric acid, with hydrochloric
> acid, if I remember right.  It's sold just about anywhere in gallon jugs,
> used for swimming pools to lower pH and for cleaning concrete surfaces.
>
> Nick Andrews

Hi Nick, all,

No, muriatic acid is a plain aqueous solution of hydrocloric
acid. It is usually around a 20 to 30% solution of HCL, with
the rest being water. There is no sulfuric acid (H2SO4) in
muriatic acid.

David Rieben