Re: Simple question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Darin,
  The best I could tell you is to calculate the energy stored by your
primary cap using E = .05*C*V*V and then figure out your breaks per second
that will equal your power supply watts.  BPS =Watts/E .  If you do this on a
spreadsheet, you can change the primary cap value to get a usable break rate
and then calculate your primary inductance needed by Lp = LsCs/Cp.  The
design of the secondary and topload can be designed by any number of programs
available.  John Couture's program might help in designing your secondary as
a function of the power supply, but don't quote me on that.  I haven't seen
the latest version.
Hope this helps.
Mike