Re: Vacuum Gap

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Ted,

A vacuum tube can serve as an x-ray source. Certain
types of old radio receiving tubes were especially
efficient in this respect. I once saw a diagram of an
amateur x-ray machine based on an old receiving tube
stimulated with a model "T" spark coil. I also saw a
similar setup in an old "Scientific American"
hardbound book using a small Oudin coil for power.

Regards,

Greg