Re: NorCal Teslathon -- Interesting Devices and Effects

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Greg, All

About 6-7 yrs. ago Richard Hull, Alex Tajnsek and I setup a small
 machine Richard's lab and placed about 6 feet away a resonator
with the base tied to a "local" ground.  "Free" resonator was capacitively
loaded with toroids until resonant with operating system.  A aluminum
sheet was placed between both coils, but isolated (i.e. not tied to ground).
Response of free coil was reduced to about 1/3 of original response with
no intervening sheet.  When sheet was grounded, free coil output was killed.
This experiment validates your position that the response is predominately
electrostatic in driving free coil systems.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA