Re: sync motor :-( update_2

In a message dated 7/29/01 12:14:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  If this motor is reversible or has connections in it that can be moved
>  around (like the wires under the AC input plate) I wonder if one of those
>  wire is connected wrong.  Is it possible some wire or connection is on
wrong?

Jonathon, Terry, all,

I agree this sounds like a wiring problem.  Maybe it's a 120/240volt
motor and the connections in the motor are hooked up for 240 volts
which would give it very little torque on 120 volts.  Or maybe it's
running on the start winding only, etc.   BTW, what's
the diameter of the armature rotor?  (often they are 3.3" or so)
Also, maybe the motor uses a capacitor and it's missing?

John Freau