Re: TSG update

Hi John -

Thank you for the update. I agree with you on many points. First and
formost, is to
get the TSG to work reliably. With this in mind, I think it is a good idea
to give
the Jon Tebbs zero-detecting driver a try. I'll be building up this circuit as
well.

Assuming this circuit grants the phase range and the phase range is linked
to your
inability to turn up the variac beyond 116 VAC (or something else in the
current
circuit), the loudness / brightness at the gap is another issue we should
resolve.
That noise to me is a clear indication of power not getting to the sparks
at the
toroid. As you know, when a coil performs well, the spark noise at the
toroid is
loud and the gap noise is there, but in the background.

I think heatsinks and airflow will be necessary to get near srsg performance if
that's possible. I don't think electrode material is as important as those two
items (keeping the temp regular and ions cleared out).  As far as construction,
well the RQ style gap I built for this was pretty simple and definately simpler
than an srsg. The addition of zero moving parts is also kind of nice. If we
can get
performance up there, it will probably be a winner.

Thanks for the update,
Bart
--
Barton B. Anderson